It’s that time of year again: Beaver Days 2016 is happening this weekend at the Whiteshell Community Club in Falcon Lake!
This annual winter festival allows you to escape into the scenic Whiteshell Provincial Park for a weekend while experiencing a great family event in the friendly community of Falcon Lake.
Whether you want to sign up for sponge hockey with your friends, play Texas Hold Em’, take the kiddos to the kids’ activities, ride in the snowmobile Poker Derby, cross-country ski, or test out one of the new 2016 demo sleds: Beaver Days has something for everyone.
Here’s a schedule of everything happening throughout the weekend:
Friday, February 5
• The action all starts on Friday with family skate night from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Whiteshell Community Club.
• The beer gardens will be open from 5 p.m. till 1 a.m. that evening, and the canteen will be open from 5 p.m. till 10 p.m. (free hot dogs for kids!) All food services provided by Penguin Resort.
• Player’s Choice raffle tickets will be on sale from 5 p.m. till 10 p.m.
Saturday, February 6 & Sunday, February 7
• Breakfast at the Whiteshell Community Club from 8:30 a.m. till 11 a.m. Saturday & Sunday.
• NEW: For the first time ever, the Manitoba Mini Sled Racers will be racing their tiny sleds across frozen Falcon Lake from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday & Sunday! Ten classes will be running. You can pre-register at email@example.com. For more information visit mmrsa.ca.
• From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, you can check out the beautiful trails of the Whiteshell and maybe win some cash in the Snowmobile Poker Derby! Registration is at the Whiteshell Community Club. Gold wins $1,000, silver wins $400 and bronze wins $300. A single hand is $10, three for $25 and wild cards are $5 each. Walk around hands are also welcome.
• Test out one of the brand new sleds in the snowmobile demo, hosted by Enns Brothers & Winnipeg Sport & Leisure from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Located in the Falcon Lake Mall parking lot.
Demo ride with Enns Brothers.
• SnoMo Radar Runs are happening at the Falcon Main Beach from noon till 3 p.m. Saturday. Prizes awarded at the Whiteshell Community Club at 4 p.m.
• Beer gardens open from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Canteen open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sponge hockey tournament kicks off at 11 a.m.Saturday. Organized by Shedden Construction.
• Kids’ activities are happening at the Whiteshell Community Club from noon till 3 p.m.Saturday.
• Horse-drawn sleigh rides throughout Saturday afternoon courtesy of Falcon Beach Ranch.
• Whiteshell Fur Trappers’ display from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday & Sunday.
• Manitoba Conservation display from 1 p.m. till 4 p.m. Saturday & Sunday.
• I ‘moustache’ you to bring your best facial hair (or braided hair-do, or facial hair) to this years Beard, Braid & Moustache Competition hosted by Falcon Ridge Ski Slopes. Register for free at the ski hill from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday or 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday. Winners will be announced at 4 p.m. on Sunday at the community club.
Beard and Moustache Competition at Falcon Ridge Ski Slopes. Photo by Emily Christie.
• Home cooked dinner at the Whiteshell Community Club at 6 p.m. Saturday.
• Family skating starts up at 7 p.m. Saturday.
• NEW TIME: Texas Hold Em’ tournament starts at 8 p.m. Saturday.
• Cross-country ski prediction race starts at noon on Sunday.
• Chilli cook-off starts at 2 p.m. Sunday with judging at 3 p.m.
• Kids’ mini-cupcake contest starts at 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Variety auction draw at 5 p.m. Sunday. All tickets must be in by 4 p.m.
• 50/50 draws will be happening all weekend.
• Auction tickets on sale all day.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. See you there!