You must go to a ServiceOntario location and fill out an application. Bring acceptable identification documents that prove your legal name, date of birth and signature. If you do not have identification that shows your signature, you can get a Declaration from a Guarantor [PDF].
How do I get a Canadian ID card?
To get a driver’s licence or Alberta ID card for the first time, a registry agent will ask for documentation to prove who you are, where you live and if you are allowed to be in Canada. You must also provide your legal name, address, birth date, photo and signature.
Can you get your ID online?
1. You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
How can I get ID card?
How to Apply for an ID Card
- Complete a Driver’s License (DL) or ID Card Application.
- Visit a DMV office, where you will: Provide your social security number (SSN). Verify your identity with an acceptable identity document. Your current name needs to match the name on the identity document.
How long does it take to get a Canadian ID?
Regular online service: in the mail within 15 business days (or you get your money back). Premium online service: delivered to you within 5 business days (or you get your money back).
What can be used as ID in Canada?
Which forms of valid identification are acceptable
- passport. …
- driver’s license.
- enhanced driver’s license.
- Canadian military identification card.
- government-issued identification card.
- government-issued enhanced identification card.
- health card.
- Canadian citizenship card issued before February 1, 2012.
What is the easiest government ID to get?
Postal ID, NBI Clearance, UMID, and Passport are four of the easiest valid IDs to acquire.
What documents do I need for a real ID?
Prepare For REAL ID
Proof of identity: Original or certified copy of a birth certificate filed with the state office of vital records with a raised/embossed seal — issued by an authorized government agency — or valid, unexpired U.S. Passport or passport card. Proof of Social Security number: Social Security card.
How do you prove residency?
Things You’ll Need
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Residential lease/property deed.
- Utility bill.
- Letter from the government/court (marriage license, divorce, government aid)
- Bank statement.
- Driver’s license/learner’s permit.
- Car registration.
- Notarized affidavit of residency.