The average school nurse salary in Canada is $79,113 per year or $40.57 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $76,133 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $85,220 per year.
Do school nurses get paid a lot?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $99,785 and as low as $18,679, the majority of School Nurse salaries currently range between $48,172 (25th percentile) to $70,291 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $87,987 annually in California.
How much does a School Nurse make in Ontario?
The average pay for a School Nurse is $73,023 a year and $35 an hour in Ontario, Canada. The average salary range for a School Nurse is between $52,298 and $90,111. On average, a Bachelor’s Degree is the highest level of education for a School Nurse.
Do school nurses make less money?
“Our data gives California a D grade,” said Hugh D. … Pforsich and others say these projections are particularly sobering for school districts because nurses, on average, earn considerably less working in schools than they do in hospitals and other clinical settings.
What kind of nurses get paid the most in Canada?
Top 15 Highest Paying Nursing Jobs
- Nurse Anesthetist.
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Oncology Nurse Practitioner.
- Cardiac Nurse Practitioner.
- Pain Management Nurse.
- Gerontological Nurse Practitioner.
- Family Nurse Practitioner.
Where do school nurses make the most money?
Highest paying cities for School Nurses in United States
- Manhattan, NY. 21 salaries reported. $56.51. per hour.
- 39 salaries reported. $53.57. per hour.
- San Diego, CA. 11 salaries reported. $37.55. per hour.
- Brooklyn, NY. 24 salaries reported. $36.41. per hour.
- Houston, TX. 13 salaries reported. $30.21. per hour.
Is a school nurse a good job?
As a school nurse, you will be helping to care for sick children and teenagers, and this job can be just as rewarding as any other type of nursing profession. … If you enjoy both practicing nursing and teaching about health, becoming a school nurse could be a great option for you.
How do you become a school nurse?
Four Steps to Become a School Nurse
- Earn Your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) A BSN degree is designed to give future nurses a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of nursing. …
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination. …
- Earn Clinical Experience. …
- Pass the School Nurse Certification Exam.
Do school nurses make the same as hospital nurses?
School Nurse Salary
Your salary in this nursing specialty may be a little lower than that of your colleagues, who work in hospitals. However, when you factor in the extended time off during summers, the hourly pay is likely comparable.
What is rn salary?
Most registered nurses begin their career on a salary between $60,000 – $65,000.